ONLINE GRADUATE CERTIFICATE
Land intelligence jobs for government agencies like the CIA and FBI or with global corporations by earning the applied intelligence online graduate certificate at Mercyhurst University.
Mercyhurst’s applied intelligence graduate certificate is a 100% online program designed to improve your analytical and communications skills, while providing a foundation for understanding the practice and theory of applied intelligence.
The 12 graduate credits awarded in this applied intelligence online graduate certificate program may be used to partially satisfy degree requirements for the Master of Science in Applied Intelligence degree offered by the Mercyhurst Ridge College of Intelligence Studies and Applied Sciences.
- Options: Graduate certificate, master’s completion
- Location(s): Online
- Credits: 12
- Duration: Minimum 9 months
- Cost: $1,026 per credit; $13,600 total
- Deadline: Rolling admissions
- Start term(s): Fall or Spring semester
12-Credit Graduate Program
Extensive Network of Alumni
Why Mercyhurst’s Applied Intelligence graduate certificate?
Mercyhurst is the originator and leader of intelligence education at the university level. We’ve been preparing intelligence analysts for successful careers in the field for almost 30 years. Our online certificate program in applied intelligence can help you qualify for intelligence jobs with an unparalleled, sophisticated skillset in research, writing, and communication. You can also choose one elective to enhance the certificate in your specific field, such as law enforcement, counter terrorism, business analysis, social media, or competitive intelligence.
Gain a competitive edge with the applied intelligence graduate certificate
Through the graduate certificate in applied intelligence, you’ll gain a leg up on your competition by learning to apply critical thinking skills to real world issues. You’ll also develop other sought-after abilities, including the ability to:
- Analyze data using various methods and techniques
- Present analysis in numerous forms, including oral, written, and visual
- Plan collection management and open-source research techniques
- Effectively and efficiently manage intelligence processes
Put your applied intelligence graduate certificate to work
Use your graduate certificate in applied intelligence from Mercyhurst across a variety of businesses, industries, and organizations. Just a few of the intelligence jobs you could pursue include special agent, market research analyst, cybersecurity analyst, management consultant, and intelligence officer.
Our graduates with an applied intelligence graduate certificate have worked in places ranging from the CIA, NSA, and FBI, to the United States military and global corporations.
Perfect for those looking to earn a quick credential or ease into graduate school, the four-course, 12-credit graduate certificate in Applied Intelligence is available 100 percent online. The graduate certificate can be completed in as little as nine months. Those credits can then be applied to the master’s degree should you choose to continue your education. Learn More.
- INTL 510: Intelligence Theories and Applications
- INTL 580: Intelligence Communications
- INTL 520: Advanced Analytical Techniques
- Intelligence Elective Course
Alumni of the intelligence studies program at Mercyhurst University enjoy strong job placement after graduation, with rates of placement significantly above national placement averages. Our more than 1,000 alumni of the intelligence programs at Mercyhurst work in a wide range of fields and for a wide range of organizations.
Graduates of the program have accepted employment in variety of positions, including:
- Intelligence analysts
- Intelligence officers
- Special agents
- Social media analysts
- Anti-money laundering professionals
- Market research analysts
- Threat intelligence analysts
- Police officers
- Management consultants
- Cyber security threat analysts
- Business continuity analysts
Graduates of the program are employed with a diverse set of federal agencies, global corporations, and international NGOs—including all 17 federal intelligence agencies and dozens of Fortune 500 companies. A small sample includes:
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- National Security Agency
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Northrop Grumman
- JP Morgan Chase
- Johnson & Johnson
- Wells Fargo
- Procter & Gamble
- U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines
Prospective applicants for the graduate certificate in Applied Intelligence must fulfill the following admissions requirements. At the discretion of the director of the intelligence graduate program, admission may be granted to applicants who have not fulfilled all the admissions requirements provided they agree to the conditions of the acceptance prescribed by the director.
Admissions decisions are made by the program director on a rolling basis after a holistic review. Applicants can choose to start in either the Fall or Spring semesters.
- Completed (free) online application
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited school with a preferred overall minimum GPA of 3.0
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you’ve attended
- A current resume
- A 500- to 750-word personal statement outlining your reasons for enrolling and personal and professional goals
- International applicants whose records are written in a language other than English must have their documents translated into English and a notarized statement attesting to the accuracy of the translations
- International applicants whose primary language is not English must attain a TOEFL score of at least 79 on the internet-based exam OR an IELTS score of at least 6.5 OR a Duolingo English Test score of no less than 100
Is the Applied Intelligence graduate certificate right for you?
Our applied intelligence graduate certificate can help you learn the skills you want and need to further your career, or help you start a new one. It can also satisfy core requirements toward our MS in Applied Intelligence.
If you’re ready to pursue the applied intelligence graduate certificate, take the first step and complete your free online application.
Explore Financial Aid
Request More Information
Fill out this brief form and we’ll ensure you have the information you need to make a decision on pursuing your applied intelligence graduate certificate online.