ONLINE GRADUATE CERTIFICATE
Today’s businesses, organizations, or nations are only as secure and innovative as their competitive intelligence will allow. Building on the nationally renowned undergraduate Intelligence Studies program, Mercyhurst offers the Applied Intelligence graduate certificate, a four-course, 12-credit program consisting of three core classes to improve analytical and communication skills and one elective to enhance the certificate in your specific field (such as law enforcement, counter terrorism, business analysis, social media, or competitive intelligence).
The 12 graduate credits awarded through the certificate may be used to partially satisfy the degree requirements for the Master of Science in Applied Intelligence degree offered by the Ridge College of Intelligence Studies and Applied Sciences at Mercyhurst University.
- Options: Graduate certificate, master’s completion
- Location(s): Online
- Credits: 12
- Duration: Minimum 9 months
- Cost: $955 per credit; $12,600 total
- Deadline: Rolling admissions
- Start term(s): Fall or Spring semester
- Career: Intelligence or threat analysis, market research, law enforcement
As the originators of intelligence education at the university level, Mercyhurst has been preparing intelligence analysts for more than 25 years. Our comprehensive graduate programs prepare you for employment in a variety of settings with an unparalleled, sophisticated skillset related to research, writing, and communication.
Our more than 1,000 intelligence alumni currently work in every branch of the government, more than a dozen Fortune 500 companies, and countless organizations committed to using intelligence analysis to their advantage for security or profit.
Mercyhurst graduate programs are designed to give our students a competitive edge in the marketplace. Our curriculum will prepare you as an analyst who is able to:
- Interpret the theory and history of the discipline of intelligence.
- Apply critical thinking skills to real world issues.
- Appraise collected data/information using a variety of analytic techniques and methodologies.
- Prepare analytic products in written, oral, visual, and/or multimedia formats.
Perfect for those looking to earn a quick credential or ease into graduate school, the four-course, 12-credit graduate certificate in Applied Intelligence is available 100 percent online. The graduate certificate can be completed in as little as nine months. Those credits can then be applied to the master’s degree should you choose to continue your education. Learn More.
- INTL 510: Intelligence Theories and Applications
- INTL 580: Intelligence Communications
- INTL 520: Advanced Analytical Techniques
- Intelligence Elective Course
Alumni of the intelligence studies program at Mercyhurst University enjoy strong job placement after graduation, with rates of placement significantly above national placement averages. Our more than 1,000 alumni of the intelligence programs at Mercyhurst work in a wide range of fields and for a wide range of organizations.
Graduates of the program have accepted employment in variety of positions, including:
- Intelligence analysts
- Intelligence officers
- Special agents
- Social media analysts
- Anti-money laundering professionals
- Market research analysts
- Threat intelligence analysts
- Police officers
- Management consultants
- Cyber security threat analysts
- Business continuity analysts
Graduates of the program are employed with a diverse set of federal agencies, global corporations, and international NGOs—including all 17 federal intelligence agencies and dozens of Fortune 500 companies. A small sample includes:
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- National Security Agency
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Northrop Grumman
- JP Morgan Chase
- Johnson & Johnson
- Wells Fargo
- Procter & Gamble
- U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines
Prospective applicants for the graduate certificate in Applied Intelligence must fulfill the following admissions requirements. At the discretion of the director of the intelligence graduate program, admission may be granted to applicants who have not fulfilled all the admissions requirements provided they agree to the conditions of the acceptance prescribed by the director.
Admissions decisions are made by the program director on a rolling basis after a holistic review. Applicants can choose to start in either the Fall or Spring semesters.
- Completed (free) online application
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited school with a preferred overall minimum GPA of 3.0
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you’ve attended
- A current resume
- A 500- to 750-word personal statement outlining your reasons for enrolling and personal and professional goals
- International applicants whose records are written in a language other than English must have their documents translated into English and a notarized statement attesting to the accuracy of the translations
- International applicants whose primary language is not English must attain a TOEFL score of at least 79 on the internet-based exam OR an IELTS score of at least 6.5 OR a Duolingo English Test score of no less than 100
Cost and Financial Aid
Mercyhurst graduate programs are competitively priced. Our goals it to provide you with an education that earns you an excellent return on your investment.
Tuition for the graduate certificate in Applied Intelligence graduate program is $926 per credit (2019/20 school year rates).
Estimated total program cost for the Applied Intelligence graduate certificate is $12,500.
- Corporate partner tuition rates
- Veteran benefits
- Employer reimbursement
- Federal direct loans