CAMPUS INVOLVEMENT CENTER
We encourage all students to jump start their collegiate experience by getting connected to campus! Whether you join a club or organization, attend campus activities, participate in intramurals, partake in the various cultural events on campus, or get involved in service and leadership events, we are confident you will find your place at Mercyhurst University.
Making the most of the Mercyhurst experience means choosing to be an engaged member of the campus community. We are proud to offer diverse and dynamic activities designed for fun and camaraderie! With over 80 Recognized Student Clubs & Organizations in addition to a variety of offerings through the Campus Involvement Center, your social life is about to get a whole lot busier!
The Campus Involvement Center advances student success by providing opportunities to engage in social, leadership, and experiential activities. We strive to connect students to Mercyhurst through:
- Honoring traditions and spirit.
- Providing involvement opportunities.
- Fostering intellectual development.
- Mentoring students through self-awareness.
The Leadership Development Program (LDP) is a multi-level, non-credited program designed to recognize and develop the leadership potential of undergraduate students. The LDP allows participants to discover their own leadership interests and styles while developing specific leadership skills. LDP is a dynamic, high quality leadership training program, which is a combination of live speakers, workshops, breakout sessions, and a variety of leadership activities.
The LDP is designed to be a cohort program where students learn and grow together. It is expected that they attend and complete all requirements in order to complete each level. The skills students will learn and utilize within the LDP are advanced abilities for both their professional and personal lives. Throughout the LDP, participants will build networks with other student leaders while building a strong leadership component for their resume.
The Campus Involvement Center has an array of signature programs and events they sponsor throughout the year. Here is a glimpse of what you can expect to experience at Mercyhurst University.
Annual Wellness Fair
The goal of this event began with “Celebrating Women” during women’s history month. It has since evolved to reaching out to all members of the campus community. The goal of the Wellness Fair is to focus on the seven dimensions of well being which are Environmental, Emotional, Mental, Occupational, Physical, Spiritual and Social and present this information to the campus community. The primary objectives for the Wellness Fair include:
- Establishing an interdisciplinary approach and connect student life and academics through collaboratively presenting this event.
- Giving students the opportunity to take what they have learned and apply it.
- Increasing health awareness by providing health screenings, activities, materials, demonstrations, and information.
- Motivating students, faculty, administrators, and staff to make a positive impact on their health.
- Teaching self-care practices.
- Connecting participants with campus and community resources.
- Offering an opportunity for the campus community to gather together and enjoy free food and activities.
Alcohol Awareness Initiatives
The Campus Involvement Center focus’ on two themed weeks throughout the year, in addition to our Safe break campaigns and alcohol-free programming. In the fall term, we celebrate National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week (NCAAW) and in the spring term our focus is on having a safe St. Patrick’s Day and week. Event calendars are created to promote these special themed weeks, which include evening social events, educational lecturers, pledge signing, games, and give-a-ways.
Among the many benefits available to Mercyhurst students, you can use the entire "e" bus system for free during the service period, including on weekends, when you present your Mercyhurst ID. For example, students can take the bus to and from downtown Erie or the Millcreek Mall for free.
You can view the route schedule or find the route schedule you need on the main floor of the Student Union, or by viewing the E Route 17 schedule.
Recognized Student Clubs/Organizations (RSCOs)
RSCOs are an integral component of the vibrant student life at Mercyhurst. The Center is responsible for the approval and recognition of 80+ student clubs and organizations on an annual basis. The following support services are provided to RSCOs:
- RSCO Recognition Process for “New” RSCOs.
- Training and mentoring through the RSCO Manual, RSCO Hub page and various workshops.
- Promotion and publicity through the online organization listings and events calendar on Laker Launchpad.
- Learn more about RSCOs!
Campus Involvement Center
Location: Upper Level, Student Union