The mission of the Department of Physician Assistant Studies (DPAS) is to prepare students with the highest quality academic and clinical training. The program will prepare physician assistants to be leaders in the profession, proficient in meeting the challenges of healthcare, while providing compassionate, quality care to the diverse communities in which they serve.
The department’s mission, vision and core goals were developed to align with the University’s mission, vision and core values. Emphasis has been placed on the Mercy tradition and healthcare core values to stay true to the basic principles set forth by our founders.
Mercyhurst University’s Department of Physician Assistant Studies will be at the forefront of the education of physician assistants who will excel in professional excellence and leadership. They will be advocates for just practices, policies and standards in the profession, and advocate for the right to good healthcare in society.
The following are program goals for the Mercyhurst University Department of Physician Assistant Studies:
- Provide curriculum to ensure the necessary knowledge and skills for entry into physician assistant practice.
- Prepare graduates to enter the physician assistant workforce
- Encourage social awareness and service to the community
- Inspire leadership in the profession and community
- Foster an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion to prepare students to become culturally competent providers.
Physician Assistant Program Outcomes
Please review our relevant program outcomes for important information about our Physician Assistant program.
Physician Assistant Studies Program
Tuition and Fees
Faculty and Student Service Hours
Leadership and Professional Contributions
NCCPA PANCE Pass Rate/Student Attrition