Sara Finchio-English graduated with her Practical Nursing degree and PN license from Tri-State Business Institute in Erie, Pennsylvania, in 2005. She earned her Associate Degree in Nursing, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, and Integrative Nursing Leadership MSN from Mercyhurst University. Sara is nationally board certified as a Certified Pediatric Nurse (CPN) through the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) and as a Holistic Nurse Board Certified (HN-BC) through the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation (AHNCC). She is the chapter leader of the Lake Erie Chapter of the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA). In addition, Sara is the Advisor for the Holistic Nursing Club (HNC) through Mercyhurst’s Recognized Student Clubs and Organizations (RSCO).
Sara is also employed at Bayada Pediatrics, Erie, Pennsylvania. Her passion is providing hands-on care to pediatric clients with intellectual/developmental disabilities or other chronic conditions and their families in their homes and in community-based services. In the community, Sara volunteers with the Northwestern Youth Wrestling nonprofit organization in various activities and events to promote childhood overall mental and physical health and well-being.
- DNP, Gannon University (in progress)
- MSN, Mercyhurst University
- BSN, Mercyhurst University
- ASN, Mercyhurst University
- LPN Certificate, Fortis Institute
Research and Educational Interests
- Whole Person Health and Integrative Health Care
- Human-centricity and Patient-centered Care
- Exercise is Medicine Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapies
- Pediatric Integrative Therapies
- Addiction And Substance Use Disorders Prevention and Treatment Modalities