Dalene Duvenage brings years of experience to Mercyhurst in the areas of crime and security risk analysis and threat assessment. Prior to coming to Mercyhurst, Dr. Duvenage established and managed the Security Risk, Governance, Monitoring and Investigations Unit for the Reserve Bank in South Africa. She also established and managed the Intelligence Analysis Centre there. Dr. Duvenage founded her own company in 2007 to provide training in intelligence and investigations research. This company also researched and conducted risk analysis and threat assessments for multi-national companies and produced an online magazine for intelligence professionals. Early in her career, she worked for the South African Secret Service as an Intelligence Analyst. Along with her professional activities, Dr. Duvenage has worked in the academic setting to create and develop curriculum in the intelligence discipline for Stellenbosch University. Dr. Duvenage continues to research, write, and present at professional conferences and for professional journals.
- DSyRM, Security Risk Management, Portsmouth University
- MPhil, Information and Knowledge Management, Stellenbosch University
- B Admin Hons, International Relations, Pretoria University
- B Admin., Government, International Politics, Pretoria University
- RIAP 177: Introduction to Intelligence Studies
- RIAP 178: Intelligence Methods & Analysis
- RIAP 276: Law Enforcement Intelligence
- RIAP 320: Advanced Law Enforcement Intelligence
- Intelligence analysis techniques in complex environments.
- Open source (OSINT) and social media (SOCMINT) collection and analysis.
- The professional identity (PI) of intelligence analysts.
- Private sector intelligence
- Converged threat intelligence (cyber/physical/geo-strategic
- International Association for Intelligence Education (IAFIE)
- Association or International Risk Intelligence Professionals (AIRIP)
- International Studies Association (ISA)
- Security Institute (UK)
- Women in Intelligence (WIN)