SUMMER DANCE EXPERIENCE
SUMMER DANCE EXPERIENCE 2021: JULY 5-23, 2021
The Mercyhurst University Dance Department is delighted to offer an in-person Summer Dance Experience for 2021. Residential and commuter options are available, but enrollment is limited in order to comply with Covid protocols and to create a rigorous and nurturing environment. The program is open to dancers who have a minimum of 4 years of ballet training (pointe is not necessary) and are between the ages of 12 and 22 by the time classes begin. Students will have 6 hours of classes per day, Monday through Friday, with occasional evening seminars and an optional class on Saturday. Come dance with us!
Quality Education: We provide summer extracurricular dance education with a solid foundation in ballet, kinesthetically sound practices, artistic exploration, and intellectual growth through seminars and lectures.
- Valuable Introduction: We deliver a safe environment where students can become familiarized with a university/college setting while experiencing a diverse range of classes in a variety of dance genres and styles.
- Artistic Growth and Musicality: We encourage dancers to elevate all aspects of their craft by providing unique movement explorations supported by experienced musicians offering growth that can transfer to their year-round training program.
- Personalized Attention: We insist on small class sizes where dancers receive individualized attention that allows the student to progress exponentially.
- Experienced Faculty: We expose students to internationally acclaimed dance artists who provide a fresh prospective. Mercyhurst dance faculty and alumni as well as dance educators from Erie and the surrounding region offer their unique experiences in the field as dancers, teachers, choreographers, administrators and scholars.
Tuition (1 week): $425 (discount offered until May 5), $525 after May 5
Tuition (2 weeks): $825 (discount offered until May 5), $925 after May 5
- Tuition (3 weeks): $1150 (discount offered until May 5), $1250 after May 5
- Chaperone fee (for students under 18 years of age at the time of the program, residential or commuter): $50 per week, due June 1
- Housing in Warde Townhouses: $115 per week, due June 1
- Lunch: $8.50 per day, payable at the cafeteria. (Townhouses have a full kitchen, and we will do weekly grocery shopping trips.)
If my child is 11 years old now, but will turn 12 by the time the program begins, are they eligible?
Yes, all students who were born on or before July 5, 2009 are eligible for the SDE.
Do students need to be on pointe to be eligible for SDE?
No. Although pointe is a core part of the classical ballet curriculum, students who are not ready for pointe work may take class off pointe; they will still be strengthening their technique.
When will I know if my child is enrolled?
Due to limited enrollment capacity, our registration form will not accept new signups when we've reached our cap. If you were not able to enroll because the program was full and wish to be placed on the waitlist, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet the Instructors
Summer Dance Experience
Check back for exciting guest artists being added soon!