SUMMER PASS PROGRAM
The Office of Learning Support Services’ summer program is called Pathways to Academic Success for Students (PASS). It takes place three weeks prior to Freshmen Move-In.
Who is invited to the PASS program?
This pre-college program is open to any incoming Mercyhurst student with a documented learning disability. It provides an opportunity for incoming freshmen to adjust to the rigors of college life.
What can PASS Program attendees expect?
- Enroll in a 3-credit college course.
- Learn valuable college study skills to sharpen your academic skills.
- Connect with other students before the academic year starts.
How much does the PASS Program cost?
The cost of the Summer PASS Program is determined yearly. For the current cost, please contact email@example.com. The fee includes the application fee, room, and board and along with the tuition for a three-credit course, is placed on the Fall bill.
There are three goals of the PASS Program experience:
- To allow incoming students an opportunity to connect with other program students, administrators and faculty before all students return to campus.
- To allow students with learning and/or other disabilities an opportunity to begin recognizing and coping with the added demands that their disability imposes upon college coursework.
- To give students a chance to earn three college credits which allows students with learning disabilities to have the flexibility of not having to add a fifth course during the Fall semester of their freshman year.
How do I sign up for the Summer PASS Program?
You can register for the Summer PASS Program via our online form; our office will contact you via email in early summer with more details. For all questions, please contact us using the information below.