Kortnie L. Fisher, M.S., is an Assistant Professor of Education at Mercyhurst University, as well as the program director for the Mercyhurst Autism Support Initiative (MASI) with Erie’s Public Schools, and the advisor for the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC). Mrs. Fisher is a Licensed Behavior Specialist (LBS) in the state of Pennsylvania and a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). She brings years of experience as an educational and academic consultant and special educator in behavior health and educational systems.
Mrs. Fisher teaches multiple graduate courses in Special Education and the University’s Concentration in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) as well as undergraduate courses in Special Education. Mrs. Fisher has interests in basic, translational, and applied research in the fields of Special Education and Applied Behavior Analysis. Her areas of expertise include behavior management systems and curricular programming for low-incidence disabilities, though she values continuous learning, especially with up-and-coming topics such as Relational Frame Theory (RFT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
- PennWest University – Edinboro
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership, Supervisor of Special Education
- Mercyhurst University
- M.S., Applied Behavior Analysis
- B.A., Early Childhood (PreK-4) and Special (PreK-8) Education
- ECSP 307 Observation & Assessment II
- ESPE 201 Inclusive Practices PreK-12
- EDSP 673 Graduate Internship
- EDSP 501 Introduction to ABA: Behavior Interventions I
- EDSP 504 Introduction to ABA Clinical
- EDSP 645 Behavior Interventions II
- EDSP 650 FBA & Behavior Interventions III
- DiSanti, B.M., Eikeseth, S. Eldevik, S., Conrad, J.M., & Cotter-Fisher, K.L. Comparing structured mix and random rotation procedures to teach receptive labeling to children with autism. Behavioral Interventions. 2019; 1-19. https://doi.org/10.1002/bin.1694
- Fisher, K.L., Conrad, J.M., Gulick, R.F., & Krugger, F.M. (2018). Outcomes in Instruction informed by PEAK: DT versus a Non-Behavior Analytic Approach. Poster session presented at the Association for Behavior Analysis 45th Annual Convention, San Diego, CA.
- Cotter, K.L., Ivy, J.W., Kitchen, T.P., & Smith, C. (2014). A preliminary analysis of mastery criteria in behavioral programming for individuals with autism. Symposium conducted at the Behavior Analyst Research Colloquium, State College, PA, and at the Association for Behavior Analysis 41st Annual Convention, San Antonio, TX.
- Ivy, J.W., & Cotter, K.L. (2014). A parametric analysis of backup reinforcer class size. Poster session presented at the 17th Annual Conference of the Pennsylvania Association for Behavior Analysis, Hershey, PA, and (Chair) at the Association for Behavior Analysis 41st Annual Convention, San Antonio, TX.