Dr. Bajaj is a recent graduate from Wayne State University and is an assistant professor of data science at Mercyhurst. His research focuses on convex optimization, variational analysis, algorithms and computational optimization. Originally from India, Anuj came to the United States in 2016 after completing his master's in Canada. Apart from his love for mathematics and working with students, Anuj really enjoys being social, outdoors, and adventurous. His passion for food allows him to travel and become well-versed with different cultures and people, which he finds truly gratifying.
- Ph.D., (Applied) Mathematics, Wayne State University, 2021
- M.A., Mathematical Statistics, Wayne State University, 2019
- MSc, Mathematics, The University of British Columbia, 2016
- MSc, Mathematics, University of Delhi, 2014
- BSc (Hons.), Mathematics, University of Delhi, 2012
- Calculus Applications in Machine Learning
- Probability and Statistics
- CIS 150: Intro to Data Science
- CIS 501: Probability and Statistics
- MATH 500: Calculus Applications in Machine Learning
- Convex Optimization
- Algorithms and Computational Optimization
- Variational Analysis
Recent Publications and Presentations
- (with Boris Mordukhovich, Mau Nam Nguyen, and Tuyen Tran) Solving a continuous multifacility location problem by DC algorithms, Optim. Method Softw., 0 (2020), pp 1–23.
- (with Warren Hare, and Yves Lucet) Visualization of the 𝜀-subdifferential of piecewise linear-quadratic functions, Comput. Optim. Appl., 67 (2017), pp 421–442.
Awards and Recognitions
- Nominee for General Education Teaching Award, Wayne State University
- Robert and Nancy Irvan Endowed Fellowship in Mathematics, Wayne State University
- Nominee for Heberlein Teaching Award, Wayne State University
- M.F Janowitz Endowed Mathematics Scholarship, Wayne State University
- University Graduate Fellowship, The University of British Columbia
- Graduate Dean’s Entrance Scholarship, The University of British Columbia