Dr. Kimberly Gilligan is currently a nonproliferation specialist in the International Safeguards Group within the Nuclear Security and Isotope Technology Division at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. Gilligan received her B.S. from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) in Troy, NY and her M.A. and Ph.D. from Old Dominion University (ODU), in Norfolk, VA. Gilligan has held several prestigious nonproliferation fellowships, and in 2011 was a fellow at the World Nuclear University in Oxford, United Kingdom. In addition, she has worked in international safeguards at the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL).
- B.S., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- M.A., Old Dominion University
- Graduate Certificate in Modeling and Simulation, Old Dominion University
- Ph.D., Old Dominion University
- INTL 620: Nonproliferation Analysis
- Nuclear safeguards
- Nuclear security
- International law
- International norms
- J. R. Garner, K. V. Gilligan, J. J. Henkel, D. A. Hooper, A. M. Krichinsky, D. Lockwood, N. C. Rower, J. M. Whitaker, J. R. Younkin. “New Measures to Safeguard Gas Centrifuge Enrichment Plants.” Presented and published at the 33rd ESARDA Annual Meeting, Budapest, Hungary (May 2011).
- Kimberly Gilligan and Jessica White. “Unattended and Remote Monitoring Safeguards Systems.” Presented and published at the American Nuclear Society: 2010 Winter Meeting, Las Vegas, Nevada (November 2010).
- Kimberly Gilligan. “Safeguards Professional Development Opportunities.” Presented and published at the Symposium on International Safeguards: Preparing for Future Verification Challenges, Vienna, Austria (November 2010).
- Kimberly Gilligan. “Understanding Possible International Disarmament with Modeling.” A Collection of Papers from the 2009 Nuclear Scholars Initiative (January 2010): 113-121.
- Kimberly Van Dyke. "Making Commitments More Credible: How can the United States Implement a Credible No First Use Policy?" Global Horizons. 1, no. 1 (2007): 117-33.
- Kimberly Van Dyke and Heather Nordquist. “Documenting Unattended and Remote Monitoring Safeguards Systems." Presented and published at the 47th Annual INMM Meeting, Nashville, Tennessee. INMM. (2006)