The Donor Relations Coordinator is part of the Advancement staff and is responsible for the design and implementation of Mercyhurst University's stewardship and donor relations, which underscores the institution's appreciation for and value of philanthropic support. Through various mailings, events, and meetings, the Donor Relations Coordinator helps the advancement staff retain its over 4,000 annual donors. The position is also the advancement team's primary point of contact for the university's endowed scholarship program. The Donor Relations Coordinator is also responsible for entry of all philanthropic contributions made to the University. Gift entry also includes preparation and sending of acknowledgement letters, biographical updates, and other related tasks.
The Donor Relations Coordinator assists in the planning and execution of key department events including Homecoming and Reunion Weekend.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design all donor relations strategies and policies. Oversee all aspects of stewardship, including endowment fund reporting, presidential acknowledgments and related correspondence, recognition groups, consistent giving groups and recognition issues. Establish reporting and documentation of the stewardship activities to assist in evaluating success of various methods used. Work with Marketing to create stewardship mailings and materials to send to the university's donors and supporters.
- Manage endowment scholarship reporting program including maintenance and expansion of endowments/scholarship reporting database in coordination with Student Financial Services and the Finance Office to produce reports to donors. Coordinate donor information requests and arrange donor meetings with students and faculty while managing donor activities.
- Enter all philanthropic gifts into the Ellucian Colleague Advancement software while making any necessary biographical changes provided by staff. Create acknowledgement
- Letters and oversee the digital scanning and archiving of relevant materials for auditioning purposes.
- Provide assistance for various department and university events throughout the course of the year. University Advancement often hosts ad-hoc events based upon University achievements, and the Donor Relations Coordination is a key contributor/coordinator for these events.
- Works collaboratively with University Advancement staff to compose letters, compile appropriate invitation lists, engage featured program participants, create programs and provide program materials, prepare program) write scripts and participant remarks (as needed) and create and/or obtain donor awards and recognitions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or related field required. At least two years' experience in nonprofit communications or donor relations or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The Donor Relations Coordinator must be able to generate creative solutions for stewarding donors in order to advance the University's efforts to maintain and strengthen high-quality individual relationships with donors. This requires an ability think strategically about donor engagement. Excellent social skills, with large groups as well as with individuals, are required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of relational databases is highly desirable.
Travel and working weekends and evenings on scheduled alumni and donor-related programs, events and projects are required.
Interested candidates should submit resumes/applications to:
Human Resources Department
501 East 38th Street
Erie, PA 16546
Mercyhurst is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that encourages members of diverse groups to apply.