This position is responsible for assisting with administrative direction and oversight for all intercollegiate, intramural, and recreational athletics staff, programs, and facilities. Primary responsibility is compliance and oversight of NCAA, conference, and University policies, rules, and procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES include but are not limited to:
- Full-time, senior staff position reporting to the Director of Athletics.
- Develop ticket marketing plans within budgetary requirements for selected sports in order to promote attendance (student & community) and generate revenue.
- Create and implement the department’s overall marketing and promotional strategy.
- Generate revenue through sponsorship packages (including sales of in-game presence, venue signage, advertising, game day sponsorships, tabling, promotional opportunities, etc.).
- Oversight and management of fan experience at revenue-driven programs, including game day scripts for PA and music. Coordinate efforts with campus and internal groups related to game day, including video productions, student staff, band, cheerleaders, dance team and outside groups attending and/or performing on game day.
- Significant involvement in overall departmental strategic planning.
- Assist Director of Athletics and Advancement Office with fundraising and alumni engagement.
- Manage necessary contracts for ticket software packages that best serve the athletics department, including a means by which tickets may be sold on-line.
- Coordinate the dissemination of information to various athletic teams to create excitement and attendance at selected sports; use of social media, email blasts, on-line advertising, and new technology to reach various groups.
- Design, develop, write and edit advertisements, posters, schedule cards, schedule magnets, flyers, newsletters, brochures, and other publications as needed. Coordinate with assigned vendors to ensure publications and promotional materials are printed on schedule and within budget parameters.
- Interview, hire, schedule and train student workers; ensure that students are learning skills while assisting in day-to-day and game day activities.
- Oversee youth fan club including production and distribution of newsletters and promotional activities at various home events.
- Compliance with all NCAA, Atlantic Hockey, PSAC and University rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2-4 years’ experience working in collegiate athletics with experience in marketing, ticketing or corporate sales preferred.
- New Media experience (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) preferred.
- Graphic design skills preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed around game schedule.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and excellent time management skills is required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment required.
- A strong commitment to the student-athlete concept and a working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is required.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Send cover letter, resume and 3 work-related references to:
HUMAN RESOURCES MERCYHURST UNIVERSITY
501 EAST 38th STREET
ERIE, PA 16546
Mercyhurst University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages members of diverse groups to apply.