International Graduate Students
Mercyhurst University recognizes the value and importance of the global community. Each year, Mercyhurst expands and enhances the international presence on campus with 46 countries currently represented. Mercyhurst is ranked No. 13 by U.S.News & World Report, Master's Universities - North, for most international students.
The Mercyhurst University Office of International Admissions and Services welcomes and encourages interested international students to apply. We offer various services to help international students feel welcome and comfortable. We help them make the most of their experiences at Mercyhurst and in the United States.
"I'm from Cyprus, so I never got to visit Mercyhurst before I enrolled. I arrived here after a 20-hour flight and it seemed as if I had arrived at a castle. I started crying because I could not believe how beautiful it was."
— Mariana Suri '02
International Application Checklist
Please send all materials to:
- A completed application form accompanied by the U.S. $30 nonrefundable application fee, payable to Mercyhurst University. Or apply online for FREE.
- If you are transferring from a university located outside of the United States, you must use World Education Services to evaluate your transcripts. Please use "Course-by-Course Report."
- If English is not your first language, your scores on the TOEFL and/or IELTS must be submitted. Applicants for admission must present a TOEFL score of no less than 550 on the paper-based test, 213 on the computer-based test, and 79-80 on the Internet-based test. Applicants for admission must present a IELTS score of no less than 6.5.
- A completed Certification of Finances Form in U.S. dollars.
- A bank affidavit on official bank letterhead (a notarized document verifying U.S. dollar amounts available). This is required by the U.S. government and will be attached to your final immigration documents.
- Pre-admission health record completed in full.
- Proof of health insurance coverage. This is needed to attend school in the United States.
- A photocopy of your passport photograph page.
- Completed International Student Financial Aid Application.
Office of Graduate Admissions
501 East 38th Street
Erie, PA 16546
Additional Information & Links