ABA M.S. Program Director
U-300J Hurt Building
Ph.D., The Ohio State University, 2011
M.S., Pennsylvania State University, 2005
B.S., Pennsylvania State University, 2003
Jonathan W. Ivy, Ph.D., BCBA-D is the director of the Mercyhurst University Applied Behavior Analysis Master’s program and an Assistant Professor of Behavioral Studies. Dr. Ivy received his Doctorate in Applied Behavior Analysis and Special Education from the Ohio State University in 2011 and a Master’s degree in Applied Behavior Analysis from Penn State University in 2005.
In 2013, Dr. Ivy was nominated President of the Pennsylvania Association for Behavior Analysis (PennABA). Dr. Ivy regularly gives professional presentations at national conferences, workshops, and has an active research agenda with multiple publications in peer-reviewed journals. His primary research interests include group-oriented contingencies, token reinforcement, behavioral economics, and the assessment and treatment of problem behavior. Dr. Ivy also enjoys following the research interests of his students.
- Single-Case Design Research Methods (PSYCH 283)
- Science and Behaviorism (MABA 510)
- Special Topics in Applied Behavior Analysis (MABA 520)
- Principles of Behavior Analysis II (MABA 550)
- Advanced ABA and Complex Behavior (MABA 560)
- Applied Behavior Analysis Practice and Extensions (MABA 655)
- Ethical and Legal Practices (EDSP 536)
- Functional Behavior Assessment and Intervention Development (EDSP 650)
- Graduate Research Project (EDSP 676)
- Intensive Practicum for Applied Behavior Analysis (EDSP 672)
- Meindl, J. N., Ivy. J. W., Miller, N., Neef, N. A., & Williamson, R. L. (2013). An examination of stimulus control in fluency-based instruction: SAFMEDS and generalization. Journal of Behavioral Education.
- Perrin, C. J., Miller, N., Haberlin, A. T., Ivy. J. W., Meindl, J. N., & Neef, N. A. (2011). Measuring and reducing college students' procrastination of studying. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 44, 463–474.
- Foxx, R. M., Meindl, J. N., Garito, J. S., & Ivy, J. W. (2008). The state of the art: The treatment of aggressive/destructive behaviors since the 1989 NIH consensus conference. Psychology in Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities, 33(3), 4–6.
- Ivy, J. W., & Schreck, K. A. (2008). A behavioral approach to training day care workers. International Journal of Behavioral Consultation and Therapy, 4(2), 227–238.