The Mercyhurst University Bookstore has been named to the 2013 Collegiate Retailer of the Year honor roll for collegiate retailing excellence, joining 17 other institutions so recognized by the National Association of College Stores (NACS).
The bookstores are judged on six criteria: campus connection, academic support, customer commitment, shopping experience, workplace culture and profitability.
“It is an honor for an institution to be nominated from all the college stores in the country,” said Daniel Cullen, Mercyhurst Bookstore general manager. “To make the honor roll is indeed a tribute to the hard-working bookstore staff and to all the university departments and employees. It is the joy of teamwork by the entire university that provides a great Mercyhurst University experience to all who walk through our doors.”
The Forty-Niner Shops Bookstore, California State University, Long Beach, was named Collegiate Retailer of the Year, followed by these honor roll recipients:
- AACC Bookstore, Anne Arundel Community College, Arnold, MD
- Ashland University Bookstore, Ashland, OH
- University Store, Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, Bloomsburg
- Boise State University Bookstore/Bronco Shops, Boise, ID
- Campus Bookstore at Queen’s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
- Chaffey College Bookstore, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Columbus State Community College Bookstore, Columbus, OH
- The Loch Shop, Clayton State University, Morrow, GA
- Mercyhurst University Bookstore, Erie, PA, and North East, PA
- National Park Community College Campus Store, Hot Springs, AR
- Seawolves MarketPlace, State University of New York at Stony Brook, NY
- Southeast Bookstore, Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, MO
- University of Missouri BookStores, Columbia, MO
- The University of Tennessee Bookstore, Knoxville
- USD Torero Store, University of San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Waubonsee Community College Bookstore, Sugar Grove, IL
- York College Bookstore, York, PA
Headquartered in Oberlin, Ohio, NACS is the professional trade association representing the $10 billion collegiate retailing industry. NACS represents more than 3,000 collegiate retailers and approximately 1,000 associate members who supply books and other products to college stores. NACS member stores serve America’s college students while supporting the academic missions of higher education institutions everywhere. Additional information on NACS can be found online at www.nacs.org.