Mercyhurst University recognizes the value and importance of the global community. Each year, Mercyhurst expands and enhances the international presence on campus with 46 countries currently represented. Mercyhurst is ranked No. 13 by U.S.News & World Report, Master's Universities - North, for most international students.
International graduate students should submit the following application materials when applying to Mercyhurst University.
International Graduate Student Application Checklist
- A Mercyhurst University online application.
- If your records are written in a language other than English, translation of the documents into English and a statement attesting to the accuracy of the translations must be submitted (notarized).
- If you are transferring from a university located outside of the United States, you must use World Education Services to evaluate your transcripts. Please use "Course-by-Course Report."
- If English is not your first language, your scores on the TOEFL and/or IELTS must be submitted. Applicants for admission must present a TOEFL score of no less than 550 on the paper-based test, 213 on the computer-based test, and 79-80 on the Internet-based test. Applicants for admission must present a IELTS score of no less than 6.5.
- A Certification of Finances Form, completed with amounts shown in U.S. dollars.
- A bank affidavit on official bank letterhead (a notarized document verifying U.S. dollar amounts available). This is required by the U.S. government, and will be attached to your final immigration documents.
- Original test score results of the ACT or SAT (if available; however, if you plan to participate in inter-collegiate athletics, they are required).
- Your pre-admission health record must be completed in full, including required information from your doctor.
- You must submit proof of health insurance coverage. This is needed to attend school in the United States. Students may use - but are not limited to - the health plan provided by the university. Contact Mercyhurst's Office of International Admissions for more information about the health insurance available through the university.
- A photocopy of your passport photograph page.
- A completed International Student Financial Aid Application.
Please send all materials to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
501 East 38th Street
Erie, PA 16546