Department:Office of Global Programs and Experiential Learning
Provides administrative support the Dean of Global Programs in planning, implementing, and evaluating operations and activities relating to university study abroad, experiential learning, and the Beyond the Gates program. Provides routine oversight for department operations, including on-line platforn1s. Assists students and coordinates administrative processes; composes, edits, and proofreads program materials, and develops and implements outreach activities and events.
• Provides administrative support for the dean of global programs and experiential learning and manages office operations relating to study abroad, experiential learning, and the Beyond the Gates program;
• Coordinates the accurate and timely completion of both routine and non-routine department functions, and provides oversight for student employees where applicable;
• Manages routine operations in support of a high-quality study abroad program, including outreach, application, enrollment, orientation, passport/visa support, and assessment processes for university-sponsored and affiliate programs;
• Coordinates basic risk management for all study abroad and study away experiences sponsored by the Office of Global Programs;
• Provides oversight to and management of the Study Abroad and Beyond the Gates websites/electronic platforms;
• Coordinates large-scale events related to study abroad and the Beyond the Gates programs, including pre-experience orientations, fairs, family weekend receptions, open houses, ru1d trainings;
• Assists in the coordination of administrative processes in the Beyond the Gates Program, including placement, orientation and communication, pai1nership relations, and student assessment.
• Provides point of contact outreach, as assigned, to other university depai1ments (i.e. marketing, admissions, external affairs) ai1d coordinates inter-department projects;
• Maintains confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors or other employees;
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree and a minimum ·of two years related experience in administrative support functions, preferably with experience in performing assignments/projects that demonstrate ·a high degree of organization and independent judgment; prior experience in university study abroad administration or in student advising at the university level preferred.
Ability to collaborate with others, contribute to a positive, highly productive work environment, and adapt to changing priorities and tasks;
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions; problem solving ability;
Ability to complete tasks quickly and accurately in a time-sensitive setting;
Ability to work independently, pay close attention to detail, and acquire new skills and abilities as tasks demand;
Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work occasional evenings and weekends as projects require;
Ability to model professionalism, enthusiasm, discretion, and a commitment to excellence;
Ability to research, gather data, compile information and prepare reports;
Ability to communicate, effectively, professionally, and cordially both orally, in writing, and through presentations with multiple constituents, including faculty, staff, parents and students;
Demonstrated proficiency with PC's and associated software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access or other packages required by the Supervisor).
Demonstrated proficiency with coordinating and implementing electronic platforms, including website development and maintenance, online communication and marketing, and share drives.
Operates in an office with no exposure to environmental or work hazards;
Walking, reaching, bending, manual dexterity, good vision and hearing, and ability to lift approximately 10 pounds.
Work hours will typically span the regular operating hours of the University, however, from time-to-time night and weekend hours are required.
Occasional travel may be required
• Subject to a criminal background check and obtainment of clearances prior to employment.
• Candidate must be currently eligible to work in the United States.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Send cover letter, resume and 3 work-related references to:
HUMAN RESOURCES MERCYHURST UNIVERSITY
501 EAST 38th STREET
ERIE, PA 16546
Mercyhurst University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages members of diverse groups to apply.