Pet Companion – Bailey
Bailey is MU's Pet Companion courtesy of Judy Smith, Ph.D., Executive Director of Wellness. The Havanese pup, joined the Health Center in 2012.
Bailey can be seen in and around:
- Counseling Sessions
- Group Sessions
- Waiting Room
- Exam Room / Doctor's Visits
He is here to aid in:
- Physiological relief from academic and personal stress,
- Reduce stress, blood pressure and anxiety,
- Promote well being,
- Provide unconditional affection,
- Stimulate interaction with those who have difficulty communicating or problems with verbalization, and
- Provide a safe, temporary diversion when dealing with emotionally intense issues.
Having Bailey on staff is just one way the MU Counseling Center and Health Center creative array of therapy approaches. The services, including animal assisted therapy, are offered to all students.