The Campus Involvement Center has an array of signature programs and events they sponsor throughout the year. Here is a glimpse of what you can expect to take place at Mercyhurst University.
Annual Wellness Fair
: The goal of this event began with “Celebrating Women” during women’s history month. It has since evolved to reaching out to all members of the campus community. The goal of the Wellness Fair is to focus on the seven dimensions of well being which are Environmental, Emotional, Mental, Occupational, Physical, Spiritual and Social and present this information to the campus community. The primary objectives for the Wellness Fair include:
- Establishing an interdisciplinary approach and connect student life and academics through collaboratively presenting this event;
- Giving students the opportunity to take what they have learned and apply it;
Increasing health awareness by proving health screenings, activities, materials, demonstrations, and information;
- Motivating students, faculty, administrators and staff to make a positive impact on their health;
- Teaching self care practices;
- Connecting participants with campus and community resources; and
- Offering an opportunity for the campus community to gather together and enjoy a free lunch.
Alcohol Awareness Initiatives
: The Campus Involvement Center focus’ on two themed weeks throughout the year, in addition to our Safe break campaigns and alcohol free programming. In the fall term, we celebrate National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week (NCAAW) and in the spring term our focus is on having a safe St. Patrick’s day and week. Event calendars are created to promote these special themed weeks, which include hypnotists, educational lecturers, pledge signing, games, and give-a-ways.
: Mercyhurst University and Mercyhurst Student Government have partnered with the Erie Metropolitan Transit Authority (EMTA) to offer transportation services to students. Students with a valid Mercyhurst University Identification Card or One Card can use the entire EMTA system free of charge simply by showing their ID. The Campus Involvement Center is also responsible for working with Mercyhurst Student Government (MSG) and with the EMTA Intern, a Mercyhurst student, to promote these services to students. We also work with to MSG to provide students with free transportation to the Erie airport, bus and train stations during major holiday breaks on limited times and dates.
Recognized Student Clubs/Organizations (RSCOs)
: RSCOs are an integral component of the vibrant student life at Mercyhurst. The Center is responsible for the approval and recognition of 80+ student clubs and organizations on an annual basis. The following support services are provided to RSCOs:
- RSCO Recognition Process for “New” RSCOs
- Training and mentoring through the RSCO Manual, Advisor Resource Guide and monthly newsletters and workshops.
- Promotion and publicity through the online organization listings and events calendar.
- Learn more about RSCOs!