Location: North East Campus
Develop, coordinate and administer a comprehensive sports medicine program for Mercyhurst North East intercollegiate athletic teams. Provide professional and administrative services necessary for the implementation such a program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop overall sports medicine program for Mercyhurst North East, including: injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, educational programs and counseling for student-athletes.
- Provide athletic training services for the University’s athletic department, including attendance at scheduled team practices and home competitions. Away competitions as necessary.
- Schedule and coordinate athletic training staff and graduate assistants for coverage of all team practices and athletic competitions.
- Serve as the fitness center director, including coordination and supervision of work-study students.
- Coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical referrals for student-athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete.
- Coordinate and conduct post injury rehabilitation for athletes.
- Supervise the referral of injuries to Vineyard Primary Care or cognizant Medical Center unit and interface directly with medical personnel in the treatment of students.
- Inform the Director of Athletic Training Services of any relevant contract information between the University Athletic Department and Team Physicians.
- Supervise the compilation and maintenance of injury documentation as well as statistical records of team injuries for the Athletic Department.
- Assist the Director of Athletic Training Services in the preparation of the Athletic Training Department budget.
- Plan and schedule the purchasing of all sports medical program supplies and equipment within allocated budget parameters.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
**The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Athletic Trainers and Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainers. Work-study students in the fitness center.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in athletic training from a CAATE accredited program. Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).
- Possess a State of Pennsylvania Athletic Training License (or ability to obtain.)
- Familiarity with NJCAA governing rules.
The nature of this position is subject to adverse weather and extreme temps. The hours frequently include both nights and weekends. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
Qualified candidates can submit their resume/application to:
501 E 38th St, Erie, PA 16546
Attn: Human Resources
Mercyhurst is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that encourages members of diverse groups to apply.