Under the general supervision of the Head Coach – Rowing, the Assistant Coach will provide support and assistance with all aspects of the intercollegiate rowing program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in teaching fundamental rowing skills, techniques, and methods of rowing.
· Oversee drills to sharpen skills and chart rowers’ progress.
· Assist with coordination of rowing schedule for all rowing teams.
· Assist in recruitment of scholar athletes and give tours to visiting recruits.
· Arrange and monitor fund-raising events.
· Assist in monitoring academic progress of rowers; inform supervisor of athletes that may be in academic trouble.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education or related field; Previous college coaching/racing experience required - minimum of two years - elite (Olympic standard) preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Leadership skills with energy, insight, enthusiasm and strong work ethic.
- Strong budget and fund-raising skills
- in either professional Rowing or coaching intercollegiate athletics required;
- Experience competing at the collegiate level is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to evaluate physical performance related to the inter-collegiate Rowing program;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Ability to effectively communicate both within and outside the University including, but not limited to, student athletes, parents, recruits, coaches, civic and business leaders required;
- Ability to work as a support individual within a group setting;
- Ability to provide effective leadership to student athletes to encourage both successful academic development and competitive performance.
- Must possess the physical skills necessary to demonstrate Rowing techniques.
- Position involves both inside sedentary work and active work on the water in coaching and training situations with student athletes;
- Must have current licensure for transportation of the team in vans
- Ability to work evenings and weekends;
- Must have current training in First-aid and CPR;
- Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment.
To apply for the position, qualified candidates can submit their resume/application to:
501 East 38th Street
Erie, PA 16546
Attn: Human Resources
Mercyhurst University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that encourages
members of diverse groups to apply.