These scholarships are for students entering as freshmen only.
Mother Borgia Egan Scholarships
Mercyhurst University awards merit-based scholarships based on the following criteria: high school GPA; SAT or ACT scores; high school class ranks; and academic preparation. Awards range from $8,000 to $20,000 and will be awarded at the time of admission.
Performance-based scholarships are awarded by the individual coach (if a student-athlete) or faculty within the academic department (if interested in the arts).
Sister Angelica High School Art Scholarship
1st Place: $10,500
2nd Place: $8,000
3rd Place: $6,000
- Competition is based on 8-10 images of the student’s high school artwork. Images may be submitted in form of slides or digital images on CD.
- Students must be Offered Admission to Mercyhurst and major in Art Therapy, Art Education, Graphic Design, or Studio Art.
$750 and up/year
- Students must apply for admission and audition to the programs; dance – ballet-focused; music – vocal or instrumental.
- Student-athlete must meet NCAA eligibility requirements
- Awards determined by coaches
General and Region-Based Scholarships
General and Region-based scholarships include a number of scholarships based on a variety of factors as outlined below. Please review all of the specific criteria. These awards will be offered during the financial aid process.
Rotary Youth Leadership Award Scholarship (RYLA)
- Attend and complete the Western PA RYLA Conference
- Submit a copy of your completion certificate to the Office of Admissions
- Apply to Mercyhurst by March 1st
- Have at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA at the time of admission
NOTE: RYLA Scholarship will replace any previously-awarded merit-based scholarship.
Bishop Watson Scholarship
- Students enrolling from a Mercy or Catholic high school
Sisters of Mercy Heritage Award
- Students enrolling from a Mercy-sponsored, co-sponsored, or affiliated high school
Alumni Legacy Scholarship
- Students are a dependent of a Mercyhurst alumnus