These scholarships are for students entering as freshmen only.
Merit-based scholarships are awarded by the Committee on Academic Excellence during the Application for Admission review process. Candidates must meet certain academic requirements as outlined below.
Student must meet both criteria
- Top 1 or 2 ranking in high school class
- 1900 SAT OR 29 ACT Composite
Student must meet 2 of the 3 criteria
- 3.5+ GPA
- 1800 SAT OR 27 ACT Composite
- Top 10% or 1st decile of class
- 3.25 – 3.49 GPA
- 1700 SAT OR 25 ACT Composite
- Top 20% or 2nd decile of class
- 3.0 – 3.24 GPA
- 1600 SAT OR 23 ACT Composite
- Top 30% or 3rd decile of class
Performance-based scholarships are awarded by the individual coach (if a student-athlete) or faculty within the academic department (if interested in the arts).
Sister Angelica High School Art Scholarship
1st Place: $7,500
2nd Place: $6,000
3rd Place: $4,500
- Competition is based on 8-10 images of the student’s high school artwork. Images may be submitted in form of slides or digital images on CD.
- Students must be Offered Admission to Mercyhurst and major in Art Therapy, Art Education, Graphic Design, or Studio Art.
$750 and up/year
- Students must apply for admission and audition to the programs; dance – ballet-focused; music – vocal or instrumental.
- Student-athlete must meet NCAA eligibility requirements
- Awards determined by coaches
General and Region-Based Scholarships
General and Region-based scholarships include a number of scholarships based on a variety of factors as outlined below. Please review all of the specific criteria. These awards will be offered during the financial aid process.
Rotary Youth Leadership Award Scholarship (RYLA)
- Attend and complete the Western PA RYLA Conference
- Submit a copy of your completion certificate to the Office of Admissions
- Apply to Mercyhurst by March 1st
- Have at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA at the time of admission
NOTE: RYLA Scholarship will replace any previously-awarded merit-based scholarship.
Bishop Watson Scholarship
Sisters of Mercy Heritage Award
- Students enrolling from a Mercy or Catholic high school
Alumni Legacy Scholarship
- Students enrolling from a Mercy-sponsored, co-sponsored, or affiliated high school
- Students are a dependent of a Mercyhurst alumnus