At Mercyhurst we believe that applying your knowledge should happen while you’re still in college so you can refine your skills and knowledge before moving on to either your career or to graduate school. That’s why in every major, you will have an opportunity to apply what you’re learning
in a way that makes sense for your profession.
Each of our 40+ majors and in each of our more than 100 programs of study (minors and concentrations) have a way you can demonstrate that you know how to work in your field. You can build your resume or beef up your grad school application beginning in the first week.
Make sure you check out each of our academic programs
page to see how you will get hands-on experience in your intended major.
Here are just a few examples:
- BIOLOGY: Biology majors work with faculty on research that impacts real-world problems
- EDUCATION: Education majors teach in the classroom their freshman year
- INTELLIGENCE STUDIES: Intelligence studies students work on real government contracts
- ANTHROPOLOGY: Anthropology/Archaeology students work at several active sites including Mercyhurst's field school in Taos, NM
- FORENSIC SCIENCE: Forensic science majors have the opportunity to work with several coroner's offices on real-life forensics cases
- COMMUNICATION: Communication students produce television and radio shows that are actually broadcast
- BUSINESS: Business majors write business and marketing plans for actual businesses.
- DANCE: Dance majors put on several major performances and have the opportunity to dance with professional companies
- MUSIC: Music majors perform on stage at Mercyhurst and have the opportunity to perform in NYC
- POLITICAL SCIENCE: Political Science majors can learn how to do public opinion polling through the Mercyhurst Center for Applied Politics