Mercyhurst University is seeking an Admissions Counselor to join a dynamic and energetic Office of Undergraduate Admissions team. The ideal candidate will be hard-working, well-spoken, motivated, dedicated, and will possess a strong desire to succeed. This is a professional position and title will depend on level of experience.
- Extensive recruitment travel (minimum of 15 weeks) and management of a geographic territory;
- Ability to conduct oral presentations about Mercyhurst to a variety of constituents, including prospective students and parents, school counselors, and college personnel;
- Application review and scholarship consideration;
- Develop and maintain individual recruitment files/records;
- Telemarketing and social media initiatives with prospective students;
- Assisting prospective students with admission and financial aid;
- Awarding of financial aid to prospective students;
- Participate in on-campus and regional college events;
- Work weeknights and weekends as needed;
- Independent management of admission programs;
- Other duties as assigned by director.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to represent the university in a professional manner in interacting with students, parents, alumni, school counselors, and much more
- Strong technical skills and computer software knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Able to work weeknights and weekends
- Sense of humor
- Valid driver’s license
Qualified candidates can submit their application/resume to:
501 E. 38th St.
Erie, PA 16546
Attn: Human Resources
Mercyhurst University is an equal opportunity employer who encourages members of diverse groups to apply.