Thinking of returning to complete your degree? Already a college graduate, but looking to complete post-baccalaureate work? Mercyhurst University is committed to serving the diverse needs of adult learners who are preparing for new careers, looking for job advancement, returning to the classroom to expand their knowledge in specialized areas, seeking to complete their education, or engaging in academic pursuits for their enrichment and enjoyment.
Mercyhurst's special adult services ensure you get:
- The flexibility you need
- Pick your schedule - Day, evening, weekend, online, or any combination
- Start today - Enroll for fall, spring, or summer
- Finish faster - Take two classes Wednesday evenings and one online to complete your degree quickly
- The quality you expect
- Nationally ranked - Ranked in the top tier and No. 13 for graduation rate by U.S. News & World Report
- Academic options - More than 100 programs of study to choose from
- At a price you can afford
- Pay less - Pay 33% less than traditional students
- Grants - State and federal aid is available to qualified applicants
- Adult scholarships - Ask about our scholarship programs for adult students
Adult students for the 2015-2016 academic year are billed at $2,019 per 3 credit course (or $673 per credit). Post-baccalaureate coursework is billed at $1,545 per 3 credit course (or $515 per credit). Professional development courses are $489. Note that adult students are also responsible for a $65 registration fee for each semester of enrollment.
Mercyhurst University offers a wide variety of financial aid programs to make your college education affordable. Students seeking financial aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®); use school code 003297 when submitting your FAFSA®.
Grants are financial aid awards that do not need to be repaid. Grants are applied to your bill and reduce your cost of attendance:
- Pennsylvania PHEAA Grant - Pennsylvania residents enrolled at least half time may be eligible for a state PHEAA grant. The amount ranges from $650 to $4,120 per academic year, depending on your annual income.
- Federal Pell Grant - Students who enroll at least half time may be eligible for a federal Pell Grant, which range from $600 to $5,575 per academic year. Students with very low incomes may also be eligible for a Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG).
- Mercyhurst's College Try Fund - Any adult student may enroll in refresher courses in math, writing, and critical reading at a reduced tuition rate (currently $440 per course). No application is required.
- Catherine McAuley Award - Full-time adult students who demonstrate financial need may be eligible for a Catherine McAuley Award. This award provides up to $3,000 per academic year. All accepted students are considered for this award, provided a FAFSA® was filed.
- Mercyhurst-Chamber of Commerce Partnership Grant - Adult students who are employed by an organization that is a member of the Erie Chamber of Commerce, North East Chamber of Commerce, Corry Chamber of Commerce, or Girard/Lake City Chamber of Commerce will automatically receive a 25% tuition discount for all courses completed at Mercyhurst. Accepted students must apply for this grant.
Students should also consider student loans when financing their education. Mercyhurst is a direct federal lender, which means that students borrow funds directly from the federal government. Interest rates are below private market rates for both Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loans. Students might also consider private education loans from banks and credit unions.
New Adult Students
Register for your orientation here
Admissions & Enrollment Coordinator for Adult Students
Phone: (814) 824-2985