To perform administrative duties for the Interior Design Department, including HEDRI (Human Environment Design and Research Institute).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned:
- To perform normal secretarial functions such as typing, reception work, computer data entry and general office duties as specified by the department chair.
- Handle and process records and reports as required for the department and institute for assessment and accreditation.
- Maintain records and contact information for the Interior Design Advisory Board, design jurors, and other professionals associated with the department and the institute.
- Create, implement and maintain a graphic organizational system of student outcomes as required for the assessment/accreditation process.
- Assist department in tracking and maintaining records of graduate placement, internship placements, employer feedback, etc. as required for assessment and accreditation.
- Update and maintain student portfolios on the Mercyhurst Interior Design webpage.
- Set-up on and offsite meetings, including securing rooms, catering, reservations, equipment (audio/video), etc. for design juries and receptions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervise work study students assigned to the Interior Design Department
Directly supervises work study students.
Required Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years administrative office experience.
To be successful at this position, the applicant must have proficiency utilizing PC based tools (Microsoft Office Suite Outlook, Word, Access, Excel and Power Point).
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and organize office assignments
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to be proactive, handle simultaneous projects, work independently
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
Qualified candidates can submit their application/resume to:
501 E. 38th St.
Erie, PA 16546
Attn: Human Resources
Mercyhurst University is an equal opportunity employer who encourages members of diverse groups to apply.