The program in Sociology maintains an educational philosophy characterized by the sharing of learning between professor and student. Students with sociological research and theoretical skills will send themselves with a critical vantage point to prepare for the emergent occupational roles our rapidly changing society is bringing forth. !e department offers senior students options for a thesis, local internship, paid
cooperative education placement, or Washington, DC internships.
A 21-credit social welfare minor is offered for students wishing to enhance their chosen degree program. Students in this program must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA in minor courses. The course requirements for the sociology minor include:
- The sociology minor must achieve at least a 2.5 GPA in minor courses.
- Soc 100 Introduction to Sociology
- Soc 101 Contemporary Social Problems
- Soc 112 World Cultures OR Soc 204 Diversity in Society
- Soc 301 Contemporary Sociological Theory
- Three Electives