Graduates of the Mercyhurst University Social Work/Sociology Department have gone on to many challenging careers, a few examples include:
- Supervisor, Preventative Services Gateway-Longview
- Counselor/Transition Planner Pikes Peak Hospice and Palliative Care
- Family Ties Counselor, Erie Office of Children and Youth
- Director of Long Term Care and Home and Community Based Services
- School-Based Therapist, Mercy Behavioral Health, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Chemical Dependency Counselor, Cleveland
- Health Care Coordinator, Pittsburgh
- Veteran's Outreach Coordinator Edinboro University
- Communications Director, Pax Christi USA
- Aftercare Coordinator, Mercy Center for Women, Erie
- Community Outreach Staff, University of Pittsburgh, Office of Child Development
- Community Health Educator, Planned Parenthood Hudson Peconic, Suffolk County, N.Y.
- Assessor and care consultant, Benjamin Rose, a homecare agency for elderly
- Family Therapist, Three Rivers Youth, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Hospital Social Worker, NYC.
- Community Justice Officer, Erie County Probation
- Family Counselor, Gateway-Longview, Inc., Buffalo, N.Y.
- Director of Social Services, Millcreek Community Hospital, Erie, Pa.
- Clinical Social Worker, Bellflower Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse, Cleveland, Ohio
- Supervisor of Reentry Programs, Norfolk County House of Corrections
- Permanency Preparation Program Coordinator, Three Rivers Adoption Council, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- School Social Worker, Baltimore County Public Schools
- Director of Social Service, Franklin Plaza, Cleveland, Ohio, a rehab/long-term care/mental health facility
- Mobile Therapist, Family Counseling and Children Services, Meadville/Conneaut Lake, Pa.
- Jesuit Volunteer Corps Member, FAITH Services, working with people suffering from HIV/AIDS
Mercyhurst students have also gone on to graduate school programs in social work/sociology at Case Western Reserve, University of Chicago, Columbia, Stony Brook University, University of Pittsburgh, University of Michigan, Syracuse University and more.