Students seeking formal admission to the History Department should have an overall GPA of 2.50 and should have completed at least nine (9) credit hours in history courses. Students must maintain a 2.75 GPA in major courses to be certified for graduation as a History major or minor. No major course may be taken on a pass-fail basis. Additionally students who fail to earn a grade of C or better in the major course may not count it toward the major.
Majors may be exempt from any of the basic survey courses in U.S., European, or World History provided they have had the necessary background in the subject area and have received a waiver from the Department. The requirement left open by such a waiver must be filled by a History elective.
42 credit hours
- Minimum 6 credits U.S. History
- Minimum 6 credits European History
- Minimum 6 credits World History
- Historical Methods/Historiography (3 credits)
- Senior Thesis or Senior Seminar (3 credits)
- Six additional courses of the student's choosing (18 credits)