- We offer several annual travel and study abroad experiences for students. Every other year we travel to New York City's Garment District, and the other years we travel to an international capital. Past locations have included London in 2012, Milan, Venice, and Rome Italy in 2010, and Hong Kong in 2008. Plus, our students have studied in London, Paris, Florence, and on Semester at Sea.
- Our Fashion Club offers opportunities to network with fellow students and industry leaders, and to engage in service hour activities. Plus, our Fashion Newsletter , provides information on career preparation, internships and more.
- The option of studying in New York City at the Fashion Institute of Technology provides a perfect combination of the quality academics for which Mercyhurst is known and industry experience in one of the fashion centers of the world.
- We encourage students to set themselves apart by engaging in a minor or double major. We require internships and suggest that students take advantage of the F.I.T. option to engage in an internship in the Big Apple.
- Our graduates have work in a variety of positions with companies across the world. Check out our alumni page to learn more.
Career Options and Fashion Career Guide
Whether you wish to plan store layouts, style rock stars, shop for the masses or manage a museum's clothing collection, a fashion merchandising degree from Mercyhurst University can help you get there.
The career opportunities in this field are practically endless, so whether you're launching and marketing product lines, designing clothing and accessories, or analyzing trends, there are plenty of careers in the fashion industry. Some possible careers include the following list, for a complete description click on the pdf below:
Assistant, Associate or Senior Buyer
Showroom Sales Representative
Product Campaign Specialist
Fashion Magazine Editor
Television and Magazine Stylist
Quality Control Specialist
Product Line Developer