Fashion Studies Minor
Mercyhurst College offers a fashion studies minor for students in other degree programs who would like to gain an understanding of the field of fashion. This minor program would be a perfect addition to a business or marketing degree, providing background in product line development, fashion promotion, consumer behavior, merchandise planning and more.
Minor program courses
Students must maintain a 2.5 GPA. No courses may be taken as pass/fail.
- Fash 110 Introduction to the Fashion Industry
- Fash 120 Contemporary Fashion Analysis
- Fash 130 Introduction to Fashion Construction
- Fash 330 Textiles for Apparel
- Fash 331 Textiles Science Lab
Four of these courses chosen in consultation with the director of the minor program.
- Fash 220 Apparel I: Quality Evaluation
- Fash 230 Fashion Consumer Behavior
- Fash 240 The International Fashion Industry
- Fash 300 Basic Design OR Fash 310 Menswear
- Fash 350 Apparel II: Assembly and Production
- Fash 360 Merchandise Planning and Control
- Fash 410 History of Dress and Fashion
- Fash 420 Product Line Development
- Fash 430 Fashion Promotion
- Independent Study in Textiles and Clothing Electives from other departments upon department director's approval.