International Business Major
If you're looking for a career that offers you the opportunity to work around the world in growing and fast-paced fields, a bachelor's degree in international business from Mercyhurst University will take you there. International business majors are prepared for management careers in international banking, manufacturing, trade, finance, and government organizations, as well as for entry into graduate or law schools. Students learn about the global environment of business and develop a strong cultural awareness, essential skills for today's leaders.
Coursework includes a strong core business component, specialized international business courses for the upper level student, and language and culture courses leading to fluency in the target language (Spanish, French, Russian, Japanese or Mandarin).
You will spend a semester studying abroad, providing expanded horizons and invaluable insights into other cultures. Faculty members in the international business program possess varied backgrounds in finance, economics, marketing and accounting, speak several languages, and have a wide range of business and classroom experience.
International Business Requirements
- Acct 101 Principles of Accounting I/Financial
- Acct 102 Principles of Accounting II /Managerial
- Badm 260 International Law (Offered every other year)
- Badm 350 Business Ethics
- Badm 405 Business Policy & Strategy (Senior Standing Only)
- Badm 420 Seminar in Business Etiquette
- Econ 105 Macroeconomics
- Econ 106 Microeconomics
- Econ 200 International Economics
- Econ 406 Managerial Economics
- Fin 350 Financial Management
- Fin 360 International Finance
- Mgmt 120 Principles of Management
- Mis 110 Advanced Computer Applications
- Mktg 162 Principles of Integrated Marketing
- Mktg 200 International Marketing Management
- WL 316 Study Abroad (Recommended Summer or Semester Abroad)
Students must select six language classes, including one language related culture course and a language for business class. All language courses must have the same prefix.
- Mgmt 226 Human Behavior in Organizations OR
- Mgmt 328 International Organizational Behavior OR
- Psyc 233 Cross-Cultural Psychology