Human Resource Management
The human resource management function are needed by companies big and small and include a variety of activities, and key among them are determining staffing needs, recruiting and training the best employees, ensuring that employees are motivated and high-performing, dealing with performance issues, and ensuring that management practices conform to various government regulations. Activities of the human resource management practitioner also include managing employee benefits and compensation, employee records, and personnel and privacy policies.
Students who graduate with a major in human resource management can work in almost any industry and will be able to provide their skills, knowledge and understanding of human resource management functions to organizations in the for-profit, nonprofit, and public sectors of the economy.
The U.S. Department of Labor notes that overall employment for Human Resources personnel is projected to grow by 22% between 2008 & 2018, much faster than the average for all occupations. College graduates with a bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management should have the best job opportunities.
Through the proper selection of coursework, the student can prepare for the certification examinations offered by the Society for Human Resource Management.
Human Resource Management Core Requirements
- Acct 101 Principles of Accounting I
- Acct 102 Principles of Accounting II
- Badm 310 Business Law I
- Badm 350 Business Ethics
- Badm 405 Business Policy & Strategy
- Badm 420 Seminar in Business Etiquette (1 Credit)
- Econ 105 Macroeconomics
- Econ 106 Microeconomics
- Econ 406 Managerial Economics
- Fin 350 Financial Management
- Mgmt 120 Principles of Management
- Mis 110 Advanced Computer Applications
- Mktg 162 Principles of Integrated Marketing
Human Resource Management Major Requirements
- Fin 310 Employee Benefits and Retirement Planning
- Mgmt 206 Human Resource Management
- Mgmt 226 Human Behavior in Organizations OR
- Mgmt 328 International Organizational Behavior
- Mgmt 290 Mergers and Acquisitions
- Mgmt 316 Labor/Management Relations
- Mgmt 340 Recruitment and Selection
- Mgmt 345 Training and Development
- Mgmt 475 Human Resource Management Internship
- Badm 325 Business Law II
- Comm 180 Business and Professional Communication
- Fin 315 Principles of Risk Management
- Psyc 294 Industrial Organizational Psychology.