The Mercyhurst University Honors Program offers students an enriched intellectual experience, both in and out of the classroom. The program confers the prestige of graduating with Mercyhurst Honors on those who satisfy the requirements of this designation. Students are expected to be intellectual and creative resources for the wider college and regional communities using their talents and skills to bring classmates and neighbors into the cultural community where they thrive.
The Mercyhurst University Honors Program director invites qualified high school seniors to apply to participate in the Honors Preparation Year (HPY) during their freshman year at Mercyhurst. Selection of students for The Mercyhurst University Honors Program occurs in the spring of the HPY. Students already studying at the college and students transferring from other institutions are welcome to discuss participation with the director, Dr. Boudreau.
Click here to visit the Mercyhurst North East Honors Program
The Mercyhurst University Honors Program offers the Mercyhurst Honors students several attractive features. They include:
- A large and interesting selection of courses. Each year The Mercyhurst University Honors Program offers 12 to 15 courses arranged in response to Honors student and faculty scholarly interests. All courses offered in the Honors Program meet Core requirements. Honors courses are limited to 18 students and average 16.
- Superb faculty. At Mercyhurst College we take great pride in our excellent teaching faculty. From among these outstanding teachers the Honors Faculty are selected each year.
- A community of scholars. A sense of belonging to an intellectual community is soon cultivated through interaction in Honors courses, social events organized by the student Honors Council, and the opportunity to live in Honors housing.
- The Mercyhurst University Honors Program privileges. Early course registration and special living arrangements are available to The Mercyhurst University Honors Program students.
- Flexibility. In order to meet graduation requirements MCHP students may “honorize” certain courses. Informational meetings are generally held once a term or as needed. Credit is given for activities and extracurricular activities that The Mercyhurst University Honors Program students may have pursued regardless of their honors status.
- Graduation distinction. The Mercyhurst University Honors Program courses are clearly marked on all Honors students’ transcripts and diplomas are specially sealed.
Honors Program Application
Apply to the Honors Program Online
Dr. Douglas Boudreau
, director of Mercyhurst University honors program
Phone: (814) 824-3310