Application deadline: November 15, 2013
- Apply for FREE online.
- An application fee of $35 is required for paper applications submitted; checks should be payable to Mercyhurst University.
Applications will be evaluated by the Graduate Admissions Department with the established prerequisites. Students who meet requirements for interview will be notified of invite to interview on a rolling basis. Applications for the class entering in June 2015 will be processed through CASPA beginning July 15, 2014 and will have a deadline of November 1, 2014.
Defined requirements for interview include the following:
- Degree completion (or evidence of degree completion) prior to matriculation.
- Meets GPA requirements.
- Course requirements met (or evidence of course work in progress that will meet requirements).
- Health care experience, evidence of 200 hours.
- Must have GRE scores, TOFEL if needed, letters of recommendation and essay on file.
- Interviews will then be scheduled in the late fall and will be processed by the admissions committee within the department.
- In the event that the program does not gain accreditation, candidates will be given a full refund
Candidates will be chosen with process of evaluation from the interview, published prerequisites and space availability. Candidates will be notified in writing of acceptance and will be given two weeks to reply and pay a nonrefundable deposit.
Annual Health Screening
Prior to matriculation into the program students must have a health screening to prove they are in good health, free from communicable disease and hold current immunization status. This is to be completed by their physician and to include a health history, physical examination, immunization verification and laboratory verification of immunity to infectious diseases as indicated on the DPAS Student Health Record.
The health screening, completed immunization record and laboratory verification must be completed within three months of matriculation. It is the student’s responsibility to either send or fax the forms to the Cohen Student Health Center. A copy of the Student Health Record can be found at this link: DPAS Student Health Record
Associate Director, Graduate Admissions