Mercyhurst University Respiratory Therapist program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) through July 2016.
According to CoARC's website: Accreditation is a status that provides assurance to prospective students, their families and the general public that an institution (or a program) meets minimum requirements (i.e., Accreditation Standards) and that there are reasonable grounds to believe the institution (or program) will continue to meet those standards in the future.
- Accreditation is assurance that a respiratory care program meets the quality standards established by the profession.
- Accreditation helps students and their parents choose quality respiratory care programs.
- Accreditation enables employers to recruit graduates they know are well-prepared.
- Accreditation is used by registration, licensure, and certification boards to screen applicants.
- Accreditation gives higher education institutions a structured mechanism to assess, evaluate, and improve the quality of their programs.