Associate Professor of Business
B.A. Virginia Tech
M.S. University of Southern California
Ed.D. Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Missy served as provost and vice president for Academic Affairs at Notre Dame College (NDC) in Cleveland from 2008-2012. Prior to joining NDC in 2008, Missy spent the previous 13 years in a variety of capacities including graduate program director and associate dean of the Graduate College at Mercyhurst.
Missy has a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from Virginia Tech, a Master of Science in education from the University of Southern California, a teaching certification in social science, and a doctoral degree in educational leadership from Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
Recent publications include:
- “Homeland Security – Related Education and the Private Liberal Arts College” in Homeland Security Affairs (2010), co-authored with Greg Moore, John Hatzadony and Kelley Cronin
- “There’s No Place Like Home: The Effects of Childhood Themes on Women’s Aspirations for Leadership,” Journal of Women in Educational Leadership (2007), co-authored with Janet Wojtalik
Recent conference presentations include:
- Professional Development for New Faculty
- Council for Independent Colleges CAO/CFO Conference in Williamsburg, Va., November 2010
- Women and Leadership at a Crossroad: Reflection on Past Influences and Present Practices, International Leadership Association Conference in Chicago, November 2006.
Research interests are in the area of women, leadership and assessment in higher education.