Mercyhurst University at the Booker T. Washington Center makes starting a University education affordable and accessible to members of the Erie community who may have not otherwise felt University was attainable.
The Center offers students a total of 60 credits per year or three classes per term. Students can choose to take up to 27 credits before transferring the credits to any of the Mercyhurst branches or to another University.
A discounted tuition rate is offered and financial aid is available to those who qualify.
Traditional students are considered to be any individual who is under 24 years of age.
Mercyhurst University at Booker T. Washington Center is a great transition from high school to University for students who may not be able to afford to enroll at the Mercyhurst Erie campus, who do not want to enroll full time to start, or prefer evening classes.
You can choose to take one, two or three classes per term. You have access to the benefits of being a Mercyhurst University student including academic support services, the library and discounted event tickets. Read more about support and services.
We also make transferring to one of the Mercyhurst branches easy when you’re ready.
Adult students are considered to be any individual 24 years of age or older.
Why do Adults attend Mercyhurst?
- to prepare to enter or re-enter the job market
- to qualify for career advancement
- to expand their knowledge in a professional field
- to achieve personal goals
- Tuition is 40 percent less than at the Erie campus, and students aren’t required to pay as much in fees as at other Universitys.
- Students are eligible for federal, state and Mercyhurst financial aid.
- You can access any of the services provided by the Booker T. Washington Center including after-school care for your kids.
- You can earn 27 credits in just three terms which will transfer to Mercyhurst University's four year degrees, Mercyhurst North East or Mercyhurst West. You can also transfer the credits to virtually any two- or four-year University or university.
- Attending Mercyhurst University at the Booker T. Washington Center will save valuable commuting time, and the evening classes will allow you to meet the demands of a job or family.
Quality education close to home
- A Mercyhurst education is well-recognized by community leaders, area employers, and experts from a wide variety of disciplines.
- Mercyhurst is consistently selected by U.S.News & World Report and the Princeton Review for distinguished honors.